Well it's been one heck of a semester! ha ha It's weird, when there are about 5 weeks left of the semester I always feel like it is never going to end, then the next thing I know I'm taking finals, Adam is staying up until 5 am writing papers because he so willing let me use the computer first and I am dead tired all day long at work! But it will all be worth it when I am done with school forever (well...I don't know that for sure, it is just what I hear). This semester has been unusual. At the beginning I thought I knew for sure where I was headed and what degree I wanted to focus on and all that good stuff, but after about 3 weeks into the semester I was second guessing myself and if I was going to be able to accomplish it. I weighed all my options of how I could possibly get out of actually continuing my education but still make descent money. I looked in to hair school (which I know for a fact I would love to do) and the dental assisting program (its only 10 weeks!) and just finding a good paying job with insurance so Adam could focus on school and you name it, I thought of it. Then something happened. Something only a mother could make happen. She always knows what I need to hear. I told her that if I could become a secondary education (6-12) math teacher in 6 months or 10 weeks or even just 1 year I would do it in a heart beat. Her response was this "All you want is instant gratification." I didn't think much of it and was kind of pissed that she said it, but after thinking about it for a day or so, I was hit with a ton of bricks! I knew I HAD to continue my schooling and actually become a high school math teacher. It's going to be so hard, but I am so confident that I can do it. I NEVER want to look back at my life in 10, 20 or 20 years and think to myself 'I should have just finished or what if" I do not want to have any kind of regret. SO...My plans have changed along with my heart and I am ready to do this. It is going to take another 2 and a half maybe 3 years but I will do it! Yeah! Go me! As for Adam! He is pretty much amazing and he has known since before I met him that he was going to get his degree in Business. He's great! The whole time I was struggling and trying to decide what to do, I just wanted him to tell me what to pick and always just said that he wanted me to do whatever made me happy and what ever I want to do! He's so SWEET! We are both GRADUATING with our Associates Degrees this semester! That means we'll have caps and gowns (costumes to add the Halloween collection! Yeah) and we get to walk together and take pictures AND we get to walk through the 'D'!! I'm so excited! I for sure have one more semester at Dixie and I am praying that I can do 2 more semesters here, but they don't have my degree which means I will have to commute to SUU! It makes me nervous but whatever! I actually did really well in all of my classes this semester! I'm pleased. So did Adam! We have 2 classes together business computer something or another and outdoor cooking! I love taking classes together. I just found out about a school that is opening up here that is k-8 and it is some kind of performing arts school! How fun would it be to teach math and dance...its not high school but it could suffice! ha ha! Anyway I am so far behind on blogging, I'll post some more so enjoy!
4 comments:
...it has been one heck of a semester. Congrats to both of you for achieving your associates!
Jenn,
I love the new look of the blog. I am also happy to hear that you have decided to be a teacher. I think you will be wonderful and I know that you will be able to do this! Congratulations to you and Adam on earning your Associates! It is such an amazing feeling to know that you have accomplished it. Before you know it you will be done with your Bachelors. I hope all is well with you guys! Come visit soon. :) Love you guys!!!
jenn you are so gonna be the cuttest funnest math teacher ever and i think yyou are freaking awesome to go and get it done you'll never regret it!! im just hoping i can do the same over time with kids haha!!! wish me luck! you're such a doll!! love ya
I love the new pictures...so fun. I am so glad you have desided to be a teacher, you will be amazing. Congrats on getting you associates good for you both we wish we could be there to see you walk. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks Love ya both, Kristin
Post a Comment